Effects of shading treatment on the growth characteristics of Pinus koraiensis Siebold & Zucc. container seedlings
- Effects of shading treatment on the growth characteristics of Pinus koraiensis Siebold & Zucc. container seedlings
- 이도형; 김재희; 윤준혁[윤준혁]; 강대봉
- LEAF; LIGHT; CHLOROPHYLL; MORPHOLOGY; ALLOCATION; TOLERANCE; SAPLINGS; SUN
- Issue Date
- ASIA LIFE SCIENCES
- ASIA LIFE SCIENCES, v.24, no.1, pp.441 - 451
- In this study, we targeted Pinus koraiensis container seedlings and aimed to determine the optimum light illuminance condition to cultivate healthy seedlings and establish two-storied forests. We investigated the growth characteristics and chlorophyll content of koraiensis container seedlings 2-0 growing in different light illuminance conditions of shading treatments and a control treatment. The results showed that the height and root collar diameter (RCD) growth of P. koraiensis container seedlings varied according to the shading level. The seedling height growth was highest (1.32 cm) in the control group (with no shade). The RCD growth was highest (0.35 mm) in the experimental group with 50% shading treatment (ST). The total biomass was highest (0.92 g) in the 50%-ST group, whereas the control group showed the lowest height/RCD ratio (H/RCD) of 3.39 and the lowest top dry weight/root dry weight ratio (T/R) of 1.34. The control and 50%-ST groups showed the same seedling quality index of 0.19. All indices of chlorophyll content (a, b and total) tended to increase with increasing shading rate. The study results demonstrated that a shading treatment of 50 % was optimum for the growth of P koraiensis seedlings with high shade tolerance.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연자원대학 > 산림자원및조경학과 > Articles
자연자원대학 > 산림자원학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)