Fabrication of meso-porous BiOI sensitized zirconia nanoparticles with enhanced photocatalytic activity under simulated solar light irradiation
- Fabrication of meso-porous BiOI sensitized zirconia nanoparticles with enhanced photocatalytic activity under simulated solar light irradiation
- 강미숙; 비그니쉬쿠마라벨; 민봉기; A. Suganthi[A. Suganthi]
- VISIBLE-LIGHT; NANOTUBE ARRAYS; DOPED TIO2; NANOCOMPOSITE; DEGRADATION; PERFORMANCE; HETEROSTRUCTURES; REDUCTION; PHENOL; PHOTODEGRADATION
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE, v.324, pp.652 - 661
- In this present work, BiOI sensitized zirconia (BiOI-ZrO2) nanoparticles were fabricated using a precipitation-deposition method. The physicochemical characteristics of BiOI/ZrO2 were studied through X-ray diffraction (XRD), field emission scanning electron microscopy (FE-SEM), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), BET-surface area, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), UV-vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (UV-vis-DRS) and photoluminescence (PL) spectroscopy techniques. The absorption maximum of ZrO2 was shifted to the visible region after sensitization with BiOI. BET-surface area results inferred that the prepared hetero-junctions were meso-porous in nature. The photocatalytic activity of BiOI-ZrO2 for the degradation of methyl violet (MV) dye under simulated solar light irradiation was investigated in detail. 3% BiOI-ZrO2 exhibited the highest photocatalytic performance (98% of MV degradation) when compared with ZrO2 and BiOI. The enhancement in the photocatalytic activity of BiOI-ZrO2 is ascribed to the sensitization effect of BiOI, suppression of electron-hole recombination and the formation of p-n hetero-junction. (C) 2014 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
문과대학 > 중국언어문화학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)