A Distributed Medium Access Control Protocol for Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Networks
- A Distributed Medium Access Control Protocol for Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Networks
- 남승엽; 갸넨드라조쉬; 김창수; 김성원
- MAC PROTOCOL
- Issue Date
- KSII-KOR SOC INTERNET INFORMATION
- KSII TRANSACTIONS ON INTERNET AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS, v.9, no.1, pp.331 - 343
- We propose a distributed medium access control protocol for cognitive radio networks to opportunistically utilize multiple channels. Under the proposed protocol, cognitive radio nodes forecast and rank channel availability observing primary users' activities on the channels for a period of time by time series analyzing using smoothing models for seasonal data by Winters' method. The proposed approach protects primary users, mitigates channel access delay, and increases network performance. We analyze the optimal time to sense channels to avoid conflict with the primary users. We simulate and compare the proposed protocol with the existing protocol. The results show that the proposed approach utilizes channels more efficiently.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 모바일정보통신공학과 > Articles
경영대학 > 경영학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)