Designing of YVO4 supported beta-AgI nano-photocatalyst with improved stability
- Designing of YVO4 supported beta-AgI nano-photocatalyst with improved stability
- 강미숙; 비그니쉬쿠마라벨; A. Suganthi[A. Suganthi]; M. Rajarajan[M. Rajarajan]; 민봉기
- VISIBLE-LIGHT IRRADIATION; RHODAMINE-B DEGRADATION; HYDROTHERMAL SYNTHESIS; CONTROLLABLE SYNTHESIS; BLUE-DYE; NANOPARTICLES; PERFORMANCE; HETEROJUNCTIONS; NANOCRYSTALS; COMPOSITE
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- RSC ADVANCES, v.5, no.1, pp.576 - 585
- Yttrium ortho vanadate supported beta-silver iodide nanoparticles (AgI-YVO4) were designed by a sono-chemical deposition method. The structural, morphological and optical properties of the as-prepared nanoparticles were investigated in detail. Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) results revealed that AgI nano-sheets were attached to YVO4 nano-grains. UV-vis-DRS results indicated that the visible light absorption ability of YVO4 was promoted by AgI modification. The photocatalytic activity was evaluated for the degradation of rhodamine-B (Rh-B) dye under simulated solar light irradiation. The photocatalytic activity of YVO4 was strongly influenced by the concentration of AgI. The photocatalyst of 10% AgI-YVO4 exhibited the best performance (98%) for the degradation of Rh-B. Moreover, the photocatalytic activity was well maintained even after four cycles. The results of this research work would be very useful for the degradation of harmful organic dyes in aqueous environments.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
문과대학 > 중국언어문화학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)