Comparison of Accumulation of Stilbene Compounds and Stilbene Related Gene Expression in Two Grape Berries Irradiated with Different Light Sources
- Comparison of Accumulation of Stilbene Compounds and Stilbene Related Gene Expression in Two Grape Berries Irradiated with Different Light Sources
- 윤해근; 안순영; 김선애; 최성진[최성진]
- LACTUCA-SATIVA L.; EMITTING-DIODES; BLUE-LIGHT; UV-C; A LIGHT; PHENYLPROPANOID METABOLISM; ANTHOCYANIN BIOSYNTHESIS; ARABIDOPSIS SEEDLINGS; CABERNET-SAUVIGNON; OXIDATIVE STRESS
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE
- HORTICULTURE ENVIRONMENT AND BIOTECHNOLOGY, v.56, no.1, pp.36 - 43
- In this study, the accumulation of stilbene compounds and the expression of genes related to their syntheses in 'Campbell Early' and 'Kyoho' gapes (Vitis sp.) were investigated by irradiating the harvested berries with four different light sources (white fluorescent and purple, blue, and red LED lights) for 48 hours. The total concentrations of five stilbene derivatives at 24 hours after irradiation differed in response to different light sources and cultivars. The accumulation of stilbenic compounds in the skins of two gape cultivars and the expression of PAL and 57S1 genes were mainly induced under red and blue LED lights. The expression of PAL, CHS, CHI, STS1, STS12, and ROMT NIB differently induced in response to irradiation with different light sources in both gape cultivars. The mRNA levels of PAL and STSI were higher than those of CHS, CHI, STS12 and ROMT in the two gapes berries. Overall, the results of this study indicated that red and blue LED induced the accumulation of stilbene compounds and the expression of genes related to their syntheses in gape berries, suggesting that irradiation with LEDs can be used to induce the accumulation of phytochemicals that have positive impacts on human health via the induction of related genes.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연자원대학 > 원예생명과학과 > Articles
자연자원대학 > 원예학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)