Terminalia bellirica Extracts Loaded on Stimuli Responsive HEMA-DEA Hydrogel for Enhanced Growth and Proliferation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Terminalia bellirica Extracts Loaded on Stimuli Responsive HEMA-DEA Hydrogel for Enhanced Growth and Proliferation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- 박선주; 양지영; 돌리싱; 딥티싱; 이은미; 최순모; 한성수
- GALLIC ACID; CHEBULA; PH; MEMBRANES; PRESSURE; FRUITS
- Issue Date
- AMER SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS
- JOURNAL OF BIOMATERIALS AND TISSUE ENGINEERING, v.4, no.1, pp.37 - 45
- In this study, we have fabricated novel pH responsive hydrogel using 2-Hydroxyethyl methacrylateco-2-(diethylamino) methacrylate and loaded with well-known Indian herbal plant Terminalia bellinca extract. The major compound found in this extract using HPLC was gallic acid, a potent antioxidant and cytoprotective agent. Hydrogels exhibits sharp difference in the optical transparency and swelling kinetics with change in pH value of the solution. The swelling kinetics performed under different pH condition shows the matrix swelled maximum in pH 4.36 and showed least swelling at pH 9.36. Release profile of extract from hydrogel shows pH dependency along with controlled sustained release for over 7 days. Release profile was found to be directly correlated to swelling of the hydrogel and could be modulated depending upon the swelling rate of the matrix. T bellirica loaded hydrogel was used for culturing of Mesenchymal stem cells shows higher cell attachment and proliferation in comparison to control hydrogels as seen by MTT assay, scanning electron microscopy and live/dead viability assay. This multifunctional biocompatible hydrogel could be used for cell therapy and drug delivery vehicle and the extracts of T bellirica, which can improve the cellular proliferation rate leading to faster recovery of the affected tissue.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 생명과학과 > Articles
공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)