Preparation of Poly(vinyl alcohol)/Silver-Zeolite Composite Hydrogels by UV-Irradiation
- Preparation of Poly(vinyl alcohol)/Silver-Zeolite Composite Hydrogels by UV-Irradiation
- 오태환; 김민재; 한성수; 주상우; 전한용[전한용]; 장동욱[장동욱]
- FREEZING-THAWING PROCESSES; SMALL-ANGLE NEUTRON; LIGHT-SCATTERING; PHOTOCHEMICAL BEHAVIOR; GELATION PROCESS; CROSS-LINKING; ALCOHOL); POLYMER; PVA; NANOFIBERS
- Issue Date
- KOREAN FIBER SOC
- FIBERS AND POLYMERS, v.15, no.1, pp.101 - 107
- Poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA)/Ag-zeolite nanocomposite hydrogels were prepared by UV irradiation using PVA solution mixed with Ag-zeolite nanoparticles. Physical properties and changes in morphology of the PVA/Ag-zeolite hydrogels were investigated. The PVA/Ag-zeolite hydrogels were prepared at a PVA concentration of 9 wt% with a UV irradiation distance of 15 cm, where gel fraction and swelling ratio were optimized. Hardness of the PVA/Ag-zeolite hydrogels decreased with increasing amounts of Ag-zeolite, reaching that of soft elastomer when the amount of Ag-zeolite was 5 % by weight. The PVA/Ag-zeolite hydrogels showed strong antimicrobial activities against Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiellapneumoniae, inducing a reduction of bacteria of over 99.9 % at a Ag-zeolite content of 3 wt%.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
공과대학 > 기계공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)