일부 대학병원 신경외과 중환자실 환자의 구강상태에 관한 연구
- 일부 대학병원 신경외과 중환자실 환자의 구강상태에 관한 연구
- Other Titles
- Oral health and hygiene in the neurosurgical patients in intensive care unit
- 이희경; 김은경[김은경]
- Candida; intensive care unit; oral health and hygiene; 구강건강; 구강위생; 중환자실; 캔디다
- Issue Date
- 한국치위생학회지, v.15, no.1, pp.147 - 152
- Objectives: The purpose of this study was to investigate the oral health and hygiene in the neurosurgical patients in intensive care unit(ICU).
Methods: The subjects were 92 neurosurgical patients in intensive care unit(ICU) from March , 2011 to December, 2012. The oralexamination consisted of number of residual teeth, DMFT index, clinical attachment loss, gingival index, plague index, and Candidaspecies colony of tongue and saliva. Plaque was inoculated from tongue and saliva and incubated in 36.5C incubator for 48 hours usingDentocult®CA(Orion Diagnostica, Espoo, Finland). Glasgow coma scale(GCS) was measured to evaluate the consciousness of thepatients on the basis of medical record.
Results: Oral health was poor in clinical attachment loss and gingival index. Oral hygiene in neurosurgical patients in ICU was verypoor due to high plaque index and Candida colonization of tongue and saliva. Plague index was closely related to Candida colonizationof tongue and saliva(p<0.05).
Conclusions: Oral health and hygiene of patients in neurosurgical ICU were very poor. More careful oral hygiene care is very importantand necessary to enhance the oral health improvement of the neurosurgical patients in ICU.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 치과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)