Fabrication of poly(ethylene oxide) hydrogels for wound dressing application using E-beam
- Fabrication of poly(ethylene oxide) hydrogels for wound dressing application using E-beam
- 김성철; 김정환; 김종오; 하리안토; 구세광[구세광]; 조현국; 한도흥; 허필호[허필호]
- IN-VIVO EVALUATION; HEALING EVALUATION; GEL CHARACTERIZATION; POLYVINYL-ALCOHOL; IRRADIATION; RADIATION; CHITOSAN; MODEL; FILMS
- Issue Date
- POLYMER SOC KOREA
- MACROMOLECULAR RESEARCH, v.22, no.2, pp.131 - 138
- Cross-linked poly(ethylene oxide) (PEO) hydrogel was developed for application to wound dressings. To determine the optimum conditions for wound dressing materials, PEO with different molecular weights and various PEO/poly(ethylene glycol) diacrylate (PEGDA) compositions were irradiated in order to obtain cross-linked hydrogels using an electron beam with various beam intensities. The contents of the PEGDA influenced the gel fraction, swelling ratio, mechanical properties, and water vapor transmission rate. To evaluate the healing effect of PEO/ PEGDA cross-linked hydrogel for wound dressing, wounds on the backs of mice were covered with PEO/PEGDA hydrogel films. Healing under the wet environment of the hydrogel dressing was faster than with a gauze control and a commercial reference. The results demonstrate the possibility of the facile production of mechanically robust and transparent wound dressing materials with improved wound healing characteristics.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
약학대학 > 약학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)