Loss of ARID1A expression is associated with poor prognosis in small intestinal carcinoma
- Loss of ARID1A expression is associated with poor prognosis in small intestinal carcinoma
- 구미진; 김민종; 장희경[장희경]; 유은실[유은실]
- MISMATCH REPAIR DEFICIENCY; CLEAR-CELL CARCINOMA; CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL SIGNIFICANCE; SMALL-BOWEL; MICROSATELLITE INSTABILITY; ENDOMETRIAL CANCER; TUMOR PROGRESSION; ADENOCARCINOMA; MUTATIONS; P53
- Issue Date
- HISTOPATHOLOGY, v.66, no.4, pp.508 - 516
- AimsTo investigate AT-rich interactive domain-containing protein 1A (ARID1A) and p53 expression in small intestinal carcinoma (SIC) and to determine its prognostic significance. Methods and resultsImmunohistochemical staining for ARID1A and p53 was performed in 178 SICs using a tissue microarray (TMA). Loss of or low ARID1A expression was observed in 36 (20.2%) and 60 (33.7%) of cases, respectively. Aberrant p53 expression was observed in 99 (55.6%) cases. Loss of or low ARID1A expression was found to be associated with signet ring cell carcinoma and undifferentiated carcinoma, a high-grade tumour, and a higher T stage. No relationship was found between aberrant p53 expression and clinicopathological factors or overall survival. Patients with loss of ARID1A expression, irrespective of p53 expressional status, showed significantly poorer overall survival than those expressing ARID1A. Multiple regression analysis revealed that grade and pT stage were associated significantly with ARID1A loss, and multivariate analysis showed that patients with high ARID1A expression had a lower risk of death than those with loss of ARID1A expression. ConclusionsLow or loss of ARID1A expression is correlated significantly with a high-grade tumour, higher T stage, and poorer overall survival. These findings suggest that ARID1A expression could be used as a prognostic marker in SIC.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 병리학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)