한영 문학 번역에서 주제문의 번역 방식: 박완서의 “집 보기는 그렇게 끝났다”에 근거해서
- 한영 문학 번역에서 주제문의 번역 방식: 박완서의 “집 보기는 그렇게 끝났다”에 근거해서
- Other Titles
- Translation Method of Topic Text in Korean-English Literary Translation: “Chibbogineun Geureoke KKeutnatta”(How I Kept Our House While My Husband Was Away) Written by Pak Wan-so
- Korean-English Literary Translation; English Translation of Short Story; Topic Sentence; Style; Faithfulness to the Original; 한영 문학번역; 단편 소설의 영역; 주제문; 양식; 원문에의 충실성
- Issue Date
- 비교문학, no.62, pp.371 - 393
- The degree that the typical style of the source text gets lost in the target text when minority language is translated into majority language is much higher than the one lost in translation of the opposite direction. It is because the target readers are not familiar with the background knowledge of the culture to which the source language belong.
This study examines how the style of the topic text is shifted in the target text in the language environment where minority language is translated into majority language. The source text is “Chibbogineun Geureoke KKeutnatta” written by Pak Wan-so. The data selected in this study convey the psychology of the narrator. I examine whether the hypothesis of “the style of the source text is partly lost when minority language is translated into majority language” can be adopted in the analysis of the research.
In specific details of the research method, the contrastive study between the source text and the target text is performed. It analyzes shift between them through back translation. Ten topic texts consist of subjects on psychological description, resistance to the relationship of a mother and a daughter-in-law, and introspection of hypocritical conjugal relations.
The feature of the target text is that the degree of the shift is higher when it is compared to the analysis results of English translation of the some other Korean short stories. That is, faithfulness toward the original is relatively low. Especially the features such as increase of sentence number and repetition of topic sentences show distinctiveness to the other translations of the same text types.
- Appears in Collections:
- 기초교육대학 > 교양학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)