Preparation of Syndiotactic Poly(vinyl alcohol) Embolic Particles with Radiopacity
- Preparation of Syndiotactic Poly(vinyl alcohol) Embolic Particles with Radiopacity
- 오태환; 차진욱; 류원석; 한성수; 이해규[이해규]
- SUSPENSION POLYMERIZATION; THERAPEUTIC EMBOLIZATION; CHEMICAL-MODIFICATION; VINYL PIVALATE; FOLLOW-UP; IVALON; SAPONIFICATION; MICROSPHERES; COMPOSITE; POLYMERS
- Issue Date
- KOREAN FIBER SOC
- FIBERS AND POLYMERS, v.15, no.3, pp.472 - 479
- A suspension copolymerization in the presence of aqueous radiopaque nanoparticles was used to prepare poly(vinyl pivalate/vinyl acetate) (P(VPi/VAc)) nanocomposite microspheres for embolic materials. To generate nanocomposite microspheres with radiopacity, various radiopaque nanoparticles (TiO2, Ti, Ag, Au and Pt) were added to P(VPi/VAc) copolymer. The P(VPi/VAc)/nanoparticles microspheres with radiopacity were then saponified in alkali solution, leading to syndiotactic poly(vinyl alcohol) (s-PVA)/nanoparticles microspheres with radiopacity of which degree of saponification (DS) was up to 99.8 %. The saponification time of P(VPi/VAc)/nanoparticles microspheres decreased with increasing the amount of nanoparticles. Computed tomography (CT) analysis revealed that s-PVA/TiO2 and s-PVA/Ti microspheres had good radiopacity.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
공과대학 > 융합섬유공학과 > Articles
섬유패션학부 > 섬유패션학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)