파시스트 이탈리아의 문화 혁명과 지식인들 - 로마와 토리노, 1930-1940 -
- 파시스트 이탈리아의 문화 혁명과 지식인들 - 로마와 토리노, 1930-1940 -
- Other Titles
- Cultural Revolution and Intellectuals in Fascist Italy: Rome and Turin, 1930-1940
- State-Formation; Cultural Revolution; Fascism; Turin; Intellectual; 국가 구성; 문화 혁명; 파시즘; 토리노; 지식인
- Issue Date
- 역사학보, no.221, pp.489 - 517
- This essay looks into Italian fascism's cultural policies and their repercussionsto the Turin intellectual society in the 1930s. Seen from the perspective of stateformationas cultural revolution, Italian fascism can be considered as a totalitarianproject to build the nation-state based on the coherent and unitary national culture.
In particular, under the serious economic crisis, the regime began to make newefforts to intensify the fascistizzazione of culture, revealing the significant differencesfrom the former cultural policies. Yet, it seems retrospectively that theregime failed to make any serious inroads into Italian culture, at least, the territoriesof high culture. A case of the Turin intellectual society is symptomatic. Turin, thecapital of the Savoyard monarchy and modern industry, showed the remarkableinternal intellectual and cultural autonomy under the fascist rule. Turin intellectualsderived the resources for autonomy from the conservative-nationalistic valuesconnected with the monarchy and the liberal customs inspired by Gobetti, Croceand Einaudi etc. Indeed, a case of Turin implies that the so-called fascist culturalrevolution was a slow and partial process through adaptation and compromisewhich might be termed the “gradualist revolution.”
- Appears in Collections:
- 문과대학 > 역사학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)