Adsorption and UV/Visible photocatalytic performance of BiOI for methyl orange, Rhodamine B and methylene blue: Ag and Ti-loading effects
- Adsorption and UV/Visible photocatalytic performance of BiOI for methyl orange, Rhodamine B and methylene blue: Ag and Ti-loading effects
- 손영구; 박요한; 나율이; Pradhan[Pradhan]; 민봉기
- VISIBLE-LIGHT IRRADIATION; SOLVOTHERMAL SYNTHESIS; HETEROJUNCTION PHOTOCATALYSTS; BIOI/BIOCL COMPOSITES; TEMPERATURE SYNTHESIS; ORGANIC POLLUTANTS; HIERARCHICAL BIOI; HIGHLY EFFICIENT; DYE DEGRADATION; WATER-TREATMENT
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- CRYSTENGCOMM, v.16, no.15, pp.3155 - 3167
- We synthesized echinoid-like BiOI microspheres with various doped concentrations of Ag (0.1, 1.0, 5.0, 10.0 mol%) and Ti (1.0, 5.0, 10.0, 30.0, 50.0 mol%) in ethylene glycol and then examined their fundamental properties by scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction analysis, UV-visible absorption, FT-IR, Raman, photoluminescence and Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET) surface area measurements. We also measured the adsorption and photocatalytic dye-degradation performance of the catalysts using methyl orange (MO), Rhodamine B (RhB) and methylene blue (MB). The adsorption performance was found to be in the order of MO < RhB < MB, and to depend somewhat upon the Ag and Ti-loadings. MO was degraded in the order of BiOI < Ag-BiOI < Ti-BiOI under UV and visible light irradiation, while the degradation of RhB was in the order of Ag-BiOI approximate to Ti-BiOI << BiOI, and Ag-BiOI < BiOI < Ti-BiOI, respectively. MB showed poor photodegradation under UV and visible light. Finally, we used an indirect chemical probe method with active species scavengers and photoluminescence spectroscopy to clarify the dye-sensitized photodegradation mechanism. In the mechanism, O-center dot(2)- and h(+) were active species under visible light irradiation. No (OH)-O-center dot radicals were found by luminescence spectroscopy.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
문과대학 > 중국언어문화학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)