A Case of Solitary Fibrous Pleura Tumor Associated with Severe Hypoglycemia: Doege-Potter Syndrome
- A Case of Solitary Fibrous Pleura Tumor Associated with Severe Hypoglycemia: Doege-Potter Syndrome
- 정진홍; 장종걸[장종걸]; 홍경수[홍경수]; 안준홍[안준홍]; 이재영[이재영]; 조재호[조재호]; 이동원[이동원]; 신경철; 이관호; 김미진; 이정철; 이장훈; 이재교
- Solitary Fibrous Tumors; Pleura; Hypoglycemia
- Issue Date
- Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, v.78, no.2, pp.120 - 124
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the pleura (SFTP) is a rare primary intrathoracic tumor that arises from mesenchymal tissue underlying the mesothelial layer of the pleura. It usually has an indolent clinical course. The hypoglycemia that accompanies SFTP was first described by Doege and Potter independently in 1930, hence the eponym Doege-Potter syndrome (DPS). The incidence of DPS is reported to be ~4%. In this report, we present a typical case of DPS that was cured through complete surgical resection.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 내과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 병리학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 흉부외과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)