국내 대학병원 공황장애 환자들의 임상적 특징에 대한 연구 : 다기관, 후향적 연구
- 국내 대학병원 공황장애 환자들의 임상적 특징에 대한 연구 : 다기관, 후향적 연구
- Other Titles
- Clinical Characteristics of Panic Disorder Patients in Korean University Hospital : A Multi-Center, Retrospective Study
- 구본훈; 오재영[오재영]; 이재헌[이재헌]; 한상우[한상우]; 지익성[지익성]; 우종민[우종민]; 양종철[양종철]; 김민숙[김민숙]; 이상혁[이상혁]; 허정윤[허정윤]; 유범희[유범희]
- Panic disorder·Pharmacotherapy·Clinical characteristics·Retrospective study.; 공황장애·약물치료·임상특징·후향적 연구.
- Issue Date
- 대한불안의학회지, v.10, no.1, pp.11 - 16
- Objective : Despite the high prevalence and clinical importance of panic disorder, studies on the clinical characteristics and course of panic disorder are relatively rare. This study is a multi-center, and retrospective study to examine the clinical characteristics and course of Korean panic disorder patients who visit university hospital.
Methods : The study subjects were panic disorder patients who had visited the psychiatric outpatient clinics of 8 university hospitals in South Korea from January to December in 2008. Finally, 238 panic patients were included in this study. Their medical charts were retrospectively reviewed and reassessed by experienced psychiatrists to examine their clinical characteristics, demographic data and clinical course in repose to pharmacotherapy.
Results : Among the 238 patients (121 males vs. 117 females), the mean age of disease onset was 41.3±12.7 years and female patients showed 5 years older age of disease onset, compared with male patients. The mean score of PSR scale was 4.5±1.0 at the first visit, reflecting a ‘marked’ level of severity of illness and impairment in functioning. Only 110 patients (46.4%) completed the whole follow up visits, whereas 128 patients (53.6%) dropped out during the treatment. After 17.7±0.5 months of mean follow up period, the mean score of PSR scale at the last visit was reduced into 2.1±0.9, reflecting a ‘residual’ severity of illness and impairment in functioning. The cumulative recovery rate was 62.1% in the completer group, whereas that of the drop-out group was 47.7%.
Conclusions : The mean age of disease onset in Korean panic disorder patients who had visited university hospital was about 10 years older than that of Western panic disorder patients in previous studies, and the Korean panic disorder patients who had visited university hospital showed a relatively higher cumulative recovery rate. These differences might result from an ethnic difference in clinical characteristics and course in response to pharmacotherapy of panic disorder. (Anxiety and Mood 2014;10(1):11-16)
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 정신건강의학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)