한국 국민건강보험시장에서의 제네릭 의약품 사용 양상과 영향 요인
- 한국 국민건강보험시장에서의 제네릭 의약품 사용 양상과 영향 요인
- Other Titles
- Generic Utilization in the Korean National Health Insurance Market; Cost, Volume and Influencing Factors
- 이인향; 박실비아[박실비아]; 이의경[이의경]
- generics; original drugs; pharmaceutical costs; prescribing pattern
- Issue Date
- 약 학 회 지, v.58, no.2, pp.99 - 106
- This study explores the prescribing pattern of generic drugs and the relationship between socio-demographicfactors and the use of generics in South Korea. The analysis was based on claims data of 2011 from Korean National HealthInsurance. We examined utilization, costs, and market share of oral preparations by original and generic product. Multiplelogistic regression was performed to evaluate the predictive factors of generic use among multi-source medications. Genericsaccounted for 37~41% of utilization and 34~41% of costs in the insured market of oral preparations. In the generic market,costly generics made up about 58~61%, 56~66% of volume and value, respectively. Other things being equal,institutional factors affected generic use to the largest degree. The odds of having generics were 6 times higher in clinics,4 times higher in hospitals, and 1.7 times higher in general hospitals than in teaching hospitals. Those in metropolitan orrural area were more likely to prescribe generics than those in the capital area. While generics were frequently prescribedfor off-site pharmacy (OR=1.173), the odds of having generics was 0.88 after weighting the data by units prescribed. Thisstudy empirically presented the pattern of generic prescribing, confirming the widely accepted view that costly genericswere more likely to be utilized in the Korean market. Up to two thirds of the generic market consisted of costly products.
The strongest factors affecting generic use were institutional variables.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)