Engineered whole-cell biocatalyst-based detoxification and detection of neurotoxic organophosphate compounds
- Engineered whole-cell biocatalyst-based detoxification and detection of neurotoxic organophosphate compounds
- 서정현; 김창섭; 강동균[강동균]; 차형준[차형준]
- ICE-NUCLEATION PROTEIN; RECOMBINANT ESCHERICHIA-COLI; PSEUDOMONAS-PUTIDA JS444; AMPEROMETRIC MICROBIAL BIOSENSOR; METHYL PARATHION HYDROLASE; CELLULOSE-BINDING DOMAIN; N-TERMINAL DOMAIN; NERVE AGENTS; SURFACE-DISPLAY; SIMULTANEOUS DEGRADATION
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- BIOTECHNOLOGY ADVANCES, v.32, no.3, pp.652 - 662
- The development of efficient tools is required for the eco-friendly detoxification and effective detection of neurotoxic organophosphates (OPs). Although enzymes have received significant attention as biocatalysts because of their high specific activity, the uneconomic and labor-intensive processes of enzyme production and purification make their broad use in practical applications difficult. Because whole7cell systems offer several advantages compared with free enzymes, including high stability, a reduced purification requirement, and low preparation cost, they have been suggested as promising biocatalysts for the detoxification and detection of OPs. To develop efficient whole-cell biocatalysts with enhanced activity and a broad spectrum of substrate specificity, several factors have been considered, namely the selected strains, the chosen OP-hydrolyzing enzymes, where enzymes are localized in a cell, and which enhancer will assist the expression, function, and folding of the enzyme. In this article, we review the current investigative progress in the development of engineered whole-cell biocatalysts with excellent OP-hydrolyzing activity, a broad spectrum of substrate specificity, and outstanding stability for the detoxification and detection of OPs. (C) 2014 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)