Effect of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene on flow behavior and mechanical properties of polylactic acid/low density polyethylene blend
- Effect of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene on flow behavior and mechanical properties of polylactic acid/low density polyethylene blend
- 코티바하마드; 고영건; 모삽알카심; 파와즈데리[파와즈데리]
- ACID) BLENDS; PLA; DEGRADATION; MORPHOLOGY; EXTRUSION; WATER
- Issue Date
- ASIA-PACIFIC JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING, v.9, no.3, pp.349 - 353
- The influence of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS) copolymer content on the properties of polylactic acid (PLA)/low density polyethylene (LDPE) blend (50/50) was investigated in the present paper. The blend (PLA/LDPE/ABS) was prepared in different ratios using a laboratory scale single screw extruder. The prepared blends were characterized in terms of rheological and mechanical properties. Rheological properties were studied using a capillary rheometer, and the Bagley's correction was performed. Shear rate (r), shear stress (r), shear viscosity (r), and non-Newtonian index (n) were determined. The relationship between shear viscosity and temperature was also studied, and the flow activation energy at a constant shear rate (E) was determined. The mechanical properties of the blends were investigated on dog-bone-shaped samples obtained by an injection molding machine. The tensile tests were performed using Testometric M350-10KN, and the stress at break, strain at break, and Young's modulus were determined. Rheological properties revealed that the blend exhibited shear-thinning behavior over the range of the studied shear rates, and the viscosity of the blend increased as the ABS content increased, whereas the flow activation energy decreased. Based on the mechanical properties determined for the prepared blends, it was found that no relation between ABS content and stress at break of the blend was regarded, whereas Young's modulus was significantly improved by the addition of ABS. (c) 2014 Curtin University of Technology and John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 중앙도서관 > rims journal
공과대학 > 신소재공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)