Immunochromatographic strip assay for the rapid and sensitive detection of Salmonella Typhimurium in artificially contaminated tomato samples
- Immunochromatographic strip assay for the rapid and sensitive detection of Salmonella Typhimurium in artificially contaminated tomato samples
- 김명희; 슈리티슈클라; 임혜림; 이종숙
- LINKED-IMMUNOSORBENT-ASSAY; POLYMERASE-CHAIN-REACTION; MONOCLONAL-ANTIBODY; IMMUNOMAGNETIC SEPARATION; UNITED-STATES; FOOD; IMMUNOASSAY; ELISA; IMMUNOLIPOSOME; ENTERITIDIS
- Issue Date
- CANADIAN SCIENCE PUBLISHING, NRC RESEARCH PRESS
- CANADIAN JOURNAL OF MICROBIOLOGY, v.60, no.6, pp.399 - 406
- This study was designed to confirm the applicability of a liposome-based immunochromatographic assay for the rapid detection of Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Typhimurium (Salmonella Typhimurium) in artificially contaminated tomato samples. To determine the detection limit and pre-enrichment incubation time (10, 12, and 18 h pre-enrichment in 1% buffered peptone water), the tests were performed with different cell numbers of Salmonella Typhimurium (3 x 10(0), 3 x 10(1), 3 x 10(2), and 3 x 10(3) CFU.mL(-1)) inoculated into 25 g of crushed tomato samples. The assay was able to detect as few as 30 Salmonella Typhimurium cells per 25 g of tomato samples (1.2 cells.g(-1)) after 12 h pre-enrichment incubation. Moreover, when the developed assay was compared with traditional morphological and biochemical culture-based methods as well as colloidal gold nanoparticle-based commercial test strips, the developed assay yielded positive results for the detection of Salmonella Typhimurium within a shorter period time. These findings confirm that the developed assay may have practical application for the sensitive detection of Salmonella Typhimurium in various food samples, including raw vegetables, with a relatively low detection limit and shorter analysis time.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학부 > Articles
자연자원대학 > 식품공학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)