CCL5 inhibits elevation of blood pressure and expression of hypertensive mediators in developing hypertension State spontaneously hypertensive rats
- CCL5 inhibits elevation of blood pressure and expression of hypertensive mediators in developing hypertension State spontaneously hypertensive rats
- 김희선; 김혜영; 차혜주; 강영진; 박소영; 최진희
- angiotensin 1 receptor; angiotensin II; arachidonate 12 lipoxygenase; biological marker; endothelin 1; hydroxymethylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase kinase; interleukin 10; interleukin 8; monocyte chemotactic protein 1; RANTES; aging; animal cell; animal experiment; animal model; animal tissue; antihypertensive activity; arterial wall thickness; Article; controlled study; drug mechanism; drug response; enzyme activity; hypertension; in vivo study; male; nonhuman; protein expression; rat; regulatory mechanism; thoracic aorta; vascular smooth muscle cell; Rattus
- Issue Date
- Journal of Bacteriology and Virology, v.45, no.2, pp.138 - 150
- CCL5, a proinflammatory chemokine, has been shown to attenuate angiotensin (Ang. II-induced expression of hypertensive mediators as well as Ang II-induced inhibition of anti-hypertensive mediator expression in vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs. of spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR.. In the present study, functional roles of CCL5 on hypertension were examined in developing hypertension state SHR (DHSHR.. DHSHR at an age of 8 weeks were injected CCL5 (1.5 ��g/kg. subcutaneously twice a day for 3 weeks (SHRi, n=5.. Control groups consisted of normal age-matched saline-treated SHR (SHRc, n=5. and normotensive Wistar-Kyoto rats (WKY, n=5. Effect of CCL5 on blood pressure was measured before treatment, weekly during treatment, and 1 day after the final injection. After injecting for 3 weeks, effects of CCL5 on expression of hypertensive mediators were examined in thoracic aorta tissues and VSMCs. Blood pressure in SHRi was maintained without any elevation during the treatment period, whereas blood pressure in SHRc progressively increased with age. Expression of Ang II subtype I receptor was reduced in SHRi thoracic aorta tissues and VSMCs compared to those in SHRc. In addition, expression levels of hypertensive mediators were significantly reduced in SHRi thoracic aorta tissues and VSMCs compared to those in SHRc. In contrast, AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK. activity and interleukin-10 (IL-10. expression were elevated in SHRi thoracic aorta tissues and VSMCs compared to levels in SHRc. These results suggest that reduction of hypertensive mediators and elevation of antihypertensive mediators by CCL5 treatment promotes maintenance of blood pressure in DHSHR. ? 2015, Chonnam National University Medical School. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 미생물학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 약리학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 생리학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)