대학병원 응급실을 내원한 자살 시도자들의 특성 : 인구학적 및 정신사회적 자료
- 대학병원 응급실을 내원한 자살 시도자들의 특성 : 인구학적 및 정신사회적 자료
- Other Titles
- Characteristics of Suicide Attempters Admitted to the Emergency Departments of University Hospitals : Demographic and Psychosocial Data
- 서완석; 김지우[김지우]; 이종훈[이종훈]; 김희철[김희철]; 이광헌[이광헌]; 원승희[원승희]
- Suicide attempt; Psychosocial characteristics; Emergency room; 자살시도; 정신사회적 특성; 응급실
- Issue Date
- 생물치료정신의학, v.21, no.2, pp.95 - 104
- Objectives：This study aimed to investigate the demographic and psychosocial characteristics and suicide-related clinical variables of suicide attempters and provide empirical data to establish a suicide prevention program.
Methods：The subjects were 279(122 male and 157 female) suicide attempters who were admitted to the emergency centers of 4 university hospitals in a large city between June 2011 and March 2014. Their psychosocial and demographic characteristics and suicide-related clinical variables were studied through interviews, questionnaires(on suicide intention, lethality, risk, and rescue) and their electronic medical records.
Results：The main findings were as follows : among subjects in their 20s, there was a significantly higher proportion of women, while among subjects older than 60 years, there was a significantly higher proportion of men. The rate of attempting suicide in autumn was significantly higher in females while that in summer was significantly higher in males. The rate of attempting suicide in the morning was significantly higher in older(≥60 years) subjects while that at night and dawn was significantly higher in subjects below 60 years. Among interpersonal relationship problems, couple relationship problems were the most common motive for suicide attempt. Depressive disorders were the most common psychiatric illness.
Conclusion：This study indicates the necessity of suicide prevention measures, tailored to several psychosocial factors(place, time-of-day, season, and so on) according to age and gender, are suited to the regional characteristics. It also reveals the necessity of intervention for couple relationship problems and appropriate psychiatric treatment for depression in order to prevent suicide.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 정신건강의학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)