Expression of Basic Helix-Loop-Helix Transcripts During Low Temperature Treatments in Grapevines
- Expression of Basic Helix-Loop-Helix Transcripts During Low Temperature Treatments in Grapevines
- 윤해근; 김선애; 안순영; 김승희[김승희]; 한점화[한점화]
- Bud; Cold treatment; Transcription factor; Vitis labruscana
- Issue Date
- Plant Breeding and Biotechnology, v.2, no.2, pp.110 - 116
- The differential expression of six basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) genes in response to low temperatures was studied byevaluating their mRNA levels in the buds and shoots of grapevines. Comparison of the amino acid sequences deduced from nucleotidesequences of the bHLH genes in Vitis labruscana transcripts revealed homologies ranging from 58.8% (VlCEbHLH1 andVlCEbHLH4) to 8.2% (VvbHLH and VlCEbHLH3). Specific primers from unique regions of genes were obtained by alignment ofnucleotide sequences and used to evaluate differential expression patterns of bHLH genes. The accumulation patterns of bHLH mRNAswere induced differentially and dependent on the treated temperatures, -20°C in the buds and -2°C and 4°C in the shoots of ‘CampbellEarly’ and ‘Muscat Baily A’ grapevines. The bHLH genes showed differential expression patterns in response to low temperatures. In‘Campbell Early’, the expression of VlCEbHLH1, VlCEbHLH2, and VlCEbHLH5 was up-regulated, while VlCEbHLH3 wasdown-regulated in response to -20°C cold stress. In ‘Muscat Bailey A’, the expression of all genes was rapidly up-regulated, peaking at6 h, then decreasing at 12 h after treatment.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연자원대학 > 원예생명과학과 > Articles
자연자원대학 > 원예학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)