ABS 수지상의 도금층 형성을 위한 에칭 방법 연구
- ABS 수지상의 도금층 형성을 위한 에칭 방법 연구
- Other Titles
- Study of Etching Method for Plating Layer Formation of ABS Resin
- 최경수; 최기덕; 신현준[신현준]; 이상기[이상기]; 최순돈
- .; ABS resin; Etch; Chrome free; Electro plating; Surface treatment; Anchoring effect; Butadiene
- Issue Date
- 한국표면공학회지, v.47, no.3, pp.128 - 136
- In the present study, we successfully developed an eco-friendly chemical etching solution and proper conditionfor plating on ABS material. The mechanism of forming Ni plating layer on ABS substrate is knownas following. In general, the etching solution used for the etching process is a solution of chromic acidand sulfuric acid. The etching solution is given to the surface resulting in elution of butadiene group, socalledanchor effect. Such a rough surface can easily adsorb catalyst resulting in the increase of adhesionbetween ABS substrate and Ni plating layer. However a use of chromic acid is harmful to environment. Itis, therefore, essential to develop a new alternative solution. In the present study, we proposed an eco-friendlyetching solution composed of potassium permanganate, sulfuric acid and phosphoric acid. This solution wastestified to observe the surface microstructure and the pore size of electrical Ni plating layer, and the adhesivecorrelation between deposited layers fabricated by electro Ni plating was confirmed. The result of the presentstudy, the newly developed, eco-friendly etching solution, which is a mixture of potassium permanganate25 g/L, sulfuric acid 650ml/L and phosphoric acid 250ml/L, has a similar etching effect and adhesion property,compared with the commercially used chromium acid solution in the condition at 70oC for 5 min.
- Appears in Collections:
- 중앙도서관 > rims journal
공과대학 > 신소재공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)