요양병원 노인환자의 구강건강상태와 구강건강관리 요구도
- 요양병원 노인환자의 구강건강상태와 구강건강관리 요구도
- Other Titles
- Oral health status and care needs of elderly patients in longterm care hospital
- 황태윤; 이주현
- 구강건강; 노인환자; 요구도; 요양병원; elderly patients; long-term care hospital; oral health care; demand
- Issue Date
- 한국치위생학회지, v.15, no.3, pp.411 - 416
- Objectives: The purpose of this study is to identify oral health status and oral health care needs of elderly patients in long-term care hospital.
Methods: Oral health examination was carried out by a dentist and questionnaire was completed by direct individual interview by a dental hygienist for 245 elderly patients in seven long-term care hospitals in Daegu from March 12 to April 16, 2011.
Results: Those who need dental care were 188(76.7%) and was done by oral health examination by a dentist. 93 patients(38.0%) wanted dental care and 63 patients(25.3%) need dental care. The most important dental service in the elderly patients was denture and prosthetic service. As demand for denture and prosthetic service exceeds the supply, but only 35.9 percent of the elderly received the dental care service by the estimation of the caregivers.
Conclusions: It will be necessary to establish the customized dental care service for the elderly patients in long term care hospitals. The oral health education for the caregivers is very important and the continuing education program must be implemented in the future.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 예방의학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)