Relation of atrial fibrillation (AF) and change of lipoproteins: Male patients with AF exhibited severe pro-inflammatory and pro-atherogenic properties in lipoproteins
- Relation of atrial fibrillation (AF) and change of lipoproteins: Male patients with AF exhibited severe pro-inflammatory and pro-atherogenic properties in lipoproteins
- 조경현; 김성민; 김종민; 신동구; 김재룡
- HIGH-DENSITY-LIPOPROTEIN; METABOLIC SYNDROME; HUMAN-SERUM; RISK-FACTOR; HDL; TRIGLYCERIDES; POLYMORPHISM; CHOLESTEROL; PREVALENCE; PROTEINS
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- CLINICAL BIOCHEMISTRY, v.47, no.10-11, pp.869 - 875
- Objectives: This study was designed to search putative biomarkers for detection of relatively young-onset atrial fibrillation (AF). Design and methods: We analyzed serum lipoproteins from male patients with paroxysmal AF (48 +/- 9 years old, n = 29) and controls with similar age (50 +/- 10 years old, n = 27), who visited our hospital for radiofrequency catheter ablation due to paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia. Results: Although the AF group showed normal serum cholesterol level, they exhibited 16% lower HDL-cholesterol and 13% higher serum cholesteryl ester transfer protein activity than those of the control group. The AF group showed elevated levels of serum triglyceride (TG) and C-reactive protein with hyper-uricemia. However, there was no difference between serum levels of creatinine, troponin I, and serum amyloid A. All lipoproteins from the AF group contained higher level of TG, oxidized species, and advanced glycated end products. LDL from the AF group (AF-LDL) showed 2.7-fold more content of malondialdehyde than the control group (p < 0.04) and exhibited higher sensitivity of oxidation. HDL-associated paraoxonase from the AF group showed impaired antioxidant ability and lowered expressional level of apoA-I (p < 0.01) and paraoxonase (p < 0.005) in HDL3. Conclusion: Lipoprotein properties were severely impaired in the AF group with increased extent of oxidation and inflammation. The modified lipoprotein properties with impaired antioxidant functions can be used as a putative biomarker for prognostic detection for the relatively young onset AF. (C) 2013 The Canadian Society of Clinical Chemists. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 생명공학부 > 생명공학부 > Articles
의과대학 > 내과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 생화학.분자생물학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)