Ultrasonography of soft tissue “oops lesions”
- Ultrasonography of soft tissue “oops lesions”
- 조길호; 정혜원[정혜원]
- Soft tissue neoplasms; Musculoskeletal diseases; Ultrasonography
- Issue Date
- ULTRASONOGRAPHY, v.34, no.3, pp.217 - 225
- In this article, I would like to define “oops lesions” as soft tissue mass-like lesions that involve surprise or embarrassment for radiologists following the final diagnosis. Examples of “oops lesions” include malignant tumors that appear benign, malignancy-mimicking benign tumors, incorrect identification of epidermal inclusion cysts, and soft tissue pseudotumors.
Ultrasonography (US) findings are very helpful in the diagnosis of soft tissue tumors; however, the diagnosis of soft tissue tumors on the basis of US findings alone has some limitations.
Therefore, clinical findings, laboratory data, findings from additional imaging modalities, and demographic data of patients should be considered together with US findings.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)