Synthesis of Submicron Hexagonal Plate-Type SnS2 and Band Gap-Tuned Sn1-xTixS2 Materials and Their Hydrogen Production Abilities on Methanol/Water Photosplitting
- Synthesis of Submicron Hexagonal Plate-Type SnS2 and Band Gap-Tuned Sn1-xTixS2 Materials and Their Hydrogen Production Abilities on Methanol/Water Photosplitting
- 강미숙; 김강민; 곽병섭; 강소라
- VISIBLE-LIGHT IRRADIATION; PHOTOCATALYTIC H-2 PRODUCTION; LITHIUM-ION BATTERIES; TIO2 NANOPARTICLES; COMPOSITES; FILMS; NANOCRYSTALS; PERFORMANCE; FABRICATION; MORPHOLOGY
- Issue Date
- HINDAWI PUBLISHING CORPORATION
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHOTOENERGY
- SnS2 and Sn1-xTixS2 (x = 0, 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, and 0.7 mol) materials were designed using solvothermal method with the aim to enhance hydrogen production from water/methanol water photosplitting. Scanning electron microscopy revealed hexagonal plates with one side, 3.0 mu m in length, in the SnS2 materials. Pure SnS2 showed absorption band edges of above 660 nm, and the absorption was shifted to low wavelengths with the insertion of Ti ions. The evolution of H-2 from MeOH/H2O (1 : 1) photosplitting over SnS2 hexagonal plates in the photocatalytic liquid system was 0.016 mL h(-1) g(-1), and the evolutions were enhanced in Sn1-xTixS2. In particular, 0.049 mL h(-1) g(-1) of H-2 gas was produced in Sn0.7Ti0.3S2 without electrolytes and it increased significantly to more than 90.6% (0.47 mL h(-1) g(-1) evolutions) at higher pH using 0.1 M of KOH. Based on the UV-visible absorption spectra, the high photocatalytic activity of Sn1-xTixS2 was attributed to the existence of an appropriate band-gap state that retarded recombination between the electrons and holes.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
문과대학 > 중국언어문화학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)