호흡기 상피세포에서 MUC5AC와 MUC5B 발현에 대한 다중벽 탄소나노튜브의 효과
- 호흡기 상피세포에서 MUC5AC와 MUC5B 발현에 대한 다중벽 탄소나노튜브의 효과
- Other Titles
- Effect of Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes on MUC5AC and MUC5B Expression in Airway Epithelial Cells
- 김용대; 안지훈; 김형근; 서보현; 최윤석; 송시연; 배창훈
- Human airway epithelial cells; MUC5AC; MUC5B; Multi-walled carbon nanotubes .
- Issue Date
- 대한이비인후과학회지 두경부외과학, v.58, no.8, pp.552 - 557
- Background and Objectives Multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWCNT) are one of the most commonly used nanomaterials to date. Recent studies have demonstrated that MWCNT increase immune response and allergic inflammation in airway epithelial cells. However, the effects of MWCNT on mucin in human airway epithelial cells have not been reported. Therefore, in the present study, the effect of MWCNT on MUC16, MUC5AC, and MUC5B expressions were investigated in human airway epithelial cells.
Subjects and Method In mucin-producing human NCI-H292 airway epithelial cells and primary cultures of normal nasal epithelial cells, the effects of MWCNT on MUC16, MUC5AC, and MUC5B expression were analyzed by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction, real-time polymerase chain reaction, and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.
Results In human NCI-H292 airway epithelial cells, MWCNT significantly induced the expression MUC5AC and MUC5B mRNA and the production of MUC5AC and MUC5B protein. However, MWCNT did not induce the expression of MUC16 mRNA. In the primary cultures of normal nasal epithelial cells, MWCNT also induced the expression of MUC5AC and MUC5B mRNA and the production of MUC5AC and MUC5B proteins.
Conclusion The results of this study demonstrate that MWCNT induces MUC5AC and MUC5B expression in human airway epithelial cells. These findings provide important information about the biological role of MWCNT on mucus-secretion in human airway epithelial cells.
Korean J Otorhinolaryngol-Head Neck Surg 2015;58(8):552-7
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 이비인후과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)