Surface treatment effects on CO oxidation reactions over Co, Cu, and Ni-doped and codoped CeO2 catalysts
- Surface treatment effects on CO oxidation reactions over Co, Cu, and Ni-doped and codoped CeO2 catalysts
- 손영구; 박요한; 김석규; Pradhan[Pradhan]
- TRANSITION-METAL OXIDES; OXYGEN VACANCIES; AG/CEO2 CATALYSTS; DIMENSIONAL CEO2; AU/TIO2 CATALYST; CARBON-MONOXIDE; CERIA; NANOPARTICLES; PERFORMANCE; NANOCUBES
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING JOURNAL, v.250, pp.25 - 34
- We doped (M) and codoped (MM') Co, Cu, and Ni into CeO2 support, and tested their gas-phase CO oxidation performance by temperature-programmed reaction mass spectrometry for the as-prepared, thermal H-2- and N-2-treated samples. Additionally, fundamental characteristics of doped CeO2 were revealed by transmission electron microscopy, optical microscopy, X-ray diffraction crystallography, UV-visible absorption, Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET) surface area measurements, and temperature-programmed reduction experiments. The CO oxidation performance was greatly improved upon metal-doping and thermal pre-treatment in H-2 and N-2 condition. It was found that Cu-contained samples showed higher CO performance while Ni, Co and CoNi-doped samples showed poor performances. The T-10% (the temperature at 10% CO conversion) was lowered by 140 degrees C upon Cu-doping. Upon N-2 (or H-2-thermal treatment), the T-10% was lowered by 80 and 110 degrees C for Cu-doped and undoped CeO2 catalyst, respectively. Overall, this study provides deeper information of surface treatment effects useful to development of efficient catalysts. (C) 2014 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
문과대학 > 중국언어문화학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)