Effects of different physical forms of concentrate on performance, carcass characteristics, and economic analysis in hanwoo steers
- Effects of different physical forms of concentrate on performance, carcass characteristics, and economic analysis in hanwoo steers
- 최창본; 김성일[김성일]; 서보천[서보천]; 장인석[장인석]; 김욱[김욱]; 정근기[정근기]
- Keywords: Hanwoo steers; Flaked concentrate; Grounded concentrate; Economic performance
- Issue Date
- 한국동물자원과학회지, v.56, no.4, pp.1 - 8
- This study was performed to investigate the effects of different forms of concentrate fed to Hanwoo steers onperformance, carcass characteristics, and economic performance. Forty-two Hanwoo steers (average age of 5.1 ± 0.8 mo.
with body weight of 147.05 ± 10.85 kg) were randomly allotted into FC (animals fed flakes for entire experimental period)and GC (animals fed grounded concentrate during growing and fattening phases followed by flaked concentrate duringfinishing phase) groups for 758 d after reaching an age of 30.0 ± 0.82 mo. There was no difference in body weight (BW)or ADG between the treatments until fattening (15 ~ 22 mo.) phase. However, by finishing phase (23 ~ 30 mo.), the GCgroup (739.24 kg BW and 0.67 kg ADG) showed greater (P < 0.05) BW and ADG than the FC group (702.93 kg BW and0.59 kg ADG). Steers in the GC group also showed greater (P < 0.05) BW and ADG than the FC group throughout theentire experimental period (5 ~ 30 mo.). There was no significant difference in carcass weight or backfat thicknessbetween the treatments. M. Longissimus dorsi area of the GC group (91.00 cm2) was greater (P < 0.05) than that of theFC group (83.59 cm2). Marbling score and percentage of 1++ meat quality grade were 14.0 and 48.0% higher in the GCgroup compared to the FC group. There was no significant difference in physicochemical characteristics, includingmoisture and crude protein levels, between the treatments. Gross income per head excluding operating expenses was59.3% greater in the GC group (1,647,512 won) compared to the FC group (1,034,343 won).
- Appears in Collections:
- 생명공학부 > 생명공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)