원위 경골 골절에서 금속정 및 최소 침습적 금속판고정술의 결과 비교
- 원위 경골 골절에서 금속정 및 최소 침습적 금속판고정술의 결과 비교
- Other Titles
- A Comparison of the Results between Intramedullary Nailing and Minimally Invasive Plate Osteosynthesis in Distal Tibia Fractures
- 박철현; 손욱진; 이동철; 최치범[최치범]; 심범진[심범진]
- tibia; distal tibia shaft fracture; interlocking intramedullary nailing; minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis
- Issue Date
- 대한정형외과학회지, v.49, no.4, pp.285 - 293
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to compare the results of treatment of distal tibial fractures between intramedullary (IM) nailing and minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis (MIPO).
Materials and Methods: Between January 2007 and February 2012, 57 patients (57 cases) were treated for distal tibial fractures. Thirty-two patients (32 cases) were treated with IM nailing (nail group) and the 25 patients (25 feet) were treated with MIPO (plate group). Clinical results were compared using range of motion (ROM) of the ankle joint, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS) score, and Olerud-Molander score between nail group and plate group. Radiographic results were compared using mean bony union time, coronal and sagittal malunions, and shortening between the groups.
Results: Mean ROM of the ankle joint was significantly larger in nail group until 6 months after surgery; however, it was not different between two groups at the last follow-up. AOFAS score and Olerud-Molander score were not different between two groups at the last follow-up. In the nail group, two malunions more than 5 degrees were observed in coronal and sagittal planes, respectively. One case showed non-union in the plate group, however, bone union was obtained after autogeneous bone graft.
Conclusion: Treatment using IM nailing is more advantageous in terms of postoperative rehabilitation than MIPO in distal tibial fractures.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 정형외과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)