Recyclable magnetic CoFe2O4/BiOX (X = Cl, Br and I) microflowers for photocatalytic treatment of water contaminated with methyl orange, rhodamine B, methylene blue, and a mixed dye
- Recyclable magnetic CoFe2O4/BiOX (X = Cl, Br and I) microflowers for photocatalytic treatment of water contaminated with methyl orange, rhodamine B, methylene blue, and a mixed dye
- 손영구; 최영인; 김영일; 조대원; 강정수[강정수]; 캄통리융[캄통리융]
- ASSISTED SOLVOTHERMAL SYNTHESIS; VISIBLE-LIGHT IRRADIATION; COMPOSITE PHOTOCATALYST; AQUEOUS-SOLUTION; IONIC LIQUID; BIOX X; EFFICIENT; DEGRADATION; MICROSPHERES; NANOSTRUCTURES
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- RSC ADVANCES, v.5, no.97, pp.79624 - 79634
- The recycling of photocatalysts and improving their activities by hybridizing two materials are important. Herein, nanosize ferromagnetic (Ms = 62.3 emu g(-1)) CoFe2O4 nanoparticles (NPs) were embedded into nanosize-assembled BiOX (X = Cl, Br and I) microflowers and examined by scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, UV-visible absorption spectroscopy, Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy, and photoluminescence spectroscopy. The adsorption and photocatalytic performance of CoFe2O4/BiOX for methyl orange (MO), rhodamine B (RhB), methylene blue (MB), and a mixed dye (MO + RhB + MB) were examined under UV and visible light irradiation. The adsorption capacity of CoFe2O4/BiOI for RhB was 160 mg gcat(-1), which is significantly larger than the <5 mg gcat(-1) obtained for CoFe2O4/BiOCl and CoFe2O4/BiOBr. The photocatalytic activity was observed in the order of CoFe2O4/BiOBr < CoFe2O4/BiOCl < CoFe2O4/BiOI for RhB. Their adsorption and photocatalytic performances were also investigated with pure MO, pure MB and a mixed dye. MO in the mixed dye was the most easily removed by the catalysts under light exposure. Based on the scavenger tests, h+ and cO(2)-play major and minor roles in the photodegradation of the dyes, respectively. Although the (OH)-O-center dot radical was formed for CoFe2O4/BiOBr and CoFe2O4/BiOCl, it has a much smaller role than the other active species.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
문과대학 > 중국언어문화학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)