사람 호흡기 상피세포에서 MUC5B 발현에 대한 Polyinosinic-Polycytidylic Acid의 효과
- 사람 호흡기 상피세포에서 MUC5B 발현에 대한 Polyinosinic-Polycytidylic Acid의 효과
- Other Titles
- Effect of Polyinosinic-Polycytidylic Acid on MUC5B Expression in Human Airway Epithelial Cells
- 김용대; 최요한; 배창훈; 김형근; 서보현; 최윤석; 송시연
- Human airway epithelial cells; Mitogen-activated protein kinase; MUC5B; Polyinosinic-polycytidylic acid.
- Issue Date
- 대한이비인후과학회지 두경부외과학, v.58, no.9, pp.615 - 621
- Background and Objectives Polyinosinic-polycytidylic acid (Poly I:C) is structurally similar to double-stranded RNA, and is known to induce various inflammatory mediators and to cause inflammatory reactions in airway epithelial cells. However, the effect of Poly I:C on secretion of mucins in human airway epithelial cells has been very rarely reported. In this study, the effect and brief signaling pathway of Poly I:C on the expression of mucin genes were investigated in human airway epithelial cells.
Materials and Method In mucin-producing human NCI-H292 airway epithelial cells and the primary cultures of normal human nasal epithelial cells, the effect and signaling pathway of Poly I:C on expression of mucin genes were investigated using reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction, real-time PCR, enzyme immunoassay, and immunoblot analysis with specific inhibitors and small interfering RNA (siRNA) for mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK).
Results Poly I:C induced the MUC5B expression, and activated the phosphorylation of ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK. U0126 (ERK1/2 MAPK inhibitor) and SB203580 (p38 MAPK inhibitor) inhibited the Poly I:C-induced MUC5B expression. In addition, the knockdown of ERK2 and p38 MAPK by siRNA significantly blocked the Poly I:C-induced MUC5B mRNA expression.
Conclusion Poly I:C induces the MUC5B expression via ERK2 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways in human airway epithelial cells. Therefore, Poly I:C may play a role in the regulation of mucus hypersecretion through MAPK signaling pathways in the human airway epithelial cells.
Korean J Otorhinolaryngol-Head Neck Surg 2015;58(9):615-21
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 이비인후과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)