Immediate direct?to?implant breast reconstruction using anatomical implants
- Immediate direct?to?implant breast reconstruction using anatomical implants
- 김성은; 정동우[정동우]; 정규진; 이준호; 김태곤; 김용하; 강수환; 이수정; 최정은
- antibiotic agent; adult; areola sparing mastectomy; Article; breast implant size; breast reconstruction; breast resection volume; cancer staging; clinical article; erythema; female; follow up; human; infection; mastectomy; medical parameters; nipple sparing mastectomy; outcome assessment; silicone breast implant; skin disease; skin sparing mastectomy; skin thinning; wound dehiscence
- Issue Date
- Archives of Plastic Surgery, v.41, no.5, pp.529 - 534
- Background In 2012, a new anatomic breast implant of form-stable silicone gel was introduced onto the Korean market. The intended use of this implant is in the area of aesthetic breast surgery, and many reports are promising. Thus far, however, there have been no reports on the use of this implant for breast reconstruction in Korea. We used this breast implant in breast reconstruction surgery and report our early experience.Methods From November 2012 to April 2013, the Natrelle Style 410 form-stable anatomically shaped cohesive silicone gel-filled breast implant was used in 31 breasts of 30 patients for implant breast reconstruction with an acellular dermal matrix. Patients were treated with skin-sparing mastectomies followed by immediate breast reconstruction.Results The mean breast resection volume was 240 mL (range, 83?540 mL). The mean size of the breast implants was 217 mL (range, 125?395 mL). Breast shape outcomes were considered acceptable. Infection and skin thinning occurred in one patient each, and hematoma and seroma did not occur. Three cases of wound dehiscence occurred, one requiring surgical intervention, while the others healed with conservative treatment in one month. Rippling did not occur. So far, complications such as capsular contracture and malrotation of breast implant have not yet arisen.Conclusions By using anatomic breast implants in breast reconstruction, we achieved satisfactory results with aesthetics better than those obtained with round breast implants. Therefore, we concluded that the anatomical implant is suitable for breast reconstruction. ? 2014 The Korean Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 성형외과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)