정보서비스 사용에서 스마트폰 사용자들의 정보보안 행위에 관한 연구: 보호동기이론의 적용
- 정보서비스 사용에서 스마트폰 사용자들의 정보보안 행위에 관한 연구: 보호동기이론의 적용
- Other Titles
- SMARTPHONE USERS’ BEHAVIOR ON INFORMATION SECURITY IN INFORMATION SERVICE USAGES: APPLICATION OF PROTECTION MOTIVATION THEORY
- 김기수; 가푸로프딜셔드; 신호영[신호영]
- Protection Motivation Theory; fear appeal; malware; threat severity; threat susceptibility; self-efficacy; response efficacy; social influence.; 보호동기이론; 공포소구; 악성코드; 위협의 심각성; 위협의 취약성; 자기효능감; 반응효능감; 사회적 영향
- Issue Date
- 마케팅논집(Journal of Marketing Studies), v.22, no.3, pp.53 - 76
- Smartphones being all in one featured mobile devices are spreading faster than ever. No doubt, attackers have revealed several vulnerabilities of smartphones and they are becoming a target for malware writers as their counterpart PCs. This jeopardizes the mobile life of over one and half billion smartphone users who are far from malware awareness.
The objective of this study is to extend prior models to mobile technology by analyzing the smartphone users’ behavioral intention in accepting danger control actions to reduce malware threat. This paper attempts to understand individuals’ cognitive process in the context of fear in decentralized IT security environment. We test a theoretical model based on Protection Motivation Theory. We found that all latent factors significantly determine the smartphone users’ behavioral intention in adopting the recommended action against malware threat. Findings suggest that response efficacy has the greatest influence. Our analytical results manifest strong support for the proposed model. The theoretical framework and given implications of our study can be generalized and applied within the domain of smartphone security to understand users’ threat control behavior and persuade them adopt protective measures against smartphone malware threat.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)