Ferrite multiphase/carbon nanotube composites sintered by microwave sintering and spark plasma sintering
- Ferrite multiphase/carbon nanotube composites sintered by microwave sintering and spark plasma sintering
- 한영환; X. Zhou[X. Zhou]; J. Zhou[J. Zhou]; L. Shen[L. Shen]; P. Matli[P. Matli]; 이재형; 배소익; 이동연; Q. Huang[Q. Huang]
- MAGNETIC-PROPERTIES; CARBON NANOTUBES; NIZN FERRITE; HIGH-PERMEABILITY; COBALT FERRITE; HIGH-FREQUENCY; NANOPARTICLES; TEMPERATURE; NANOPOWDERS; ROUTE
- Issue Date
- CERAMIC SOC JAPAN-NIPPON SERAMIKKUSU KYOKAI
- JOURNAL OF THE CERAMIC SOCIETY OF JAPAN, v.122, no.1430, pp.881 - 885
- Ni-Carbon nanotube (CNT)-Ni0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4 multiphase composites were successfully prepared using microwave sintering (MWS) and spark plasma sintering (SPS) techniques. The obtained samples were characterized by scanning electron microscopy, electrical conductivity, and physical properties measurement system with vibrating sample magnetometer. The SPS prepared composites exhibited higher density, fine grain size, and to maintain favorable three-dimensional conductive network of CNTs compared with the microwave sintered (MWS) ones. Whether use MWS or SPS, both the density and the grain size are increasing with the CNTcontent increment. The increasing of density and grain size is the main contribution of the saturation magnetization increasing. In the composites of high content of CNTs (such as 5wt%), the spinel structure of ferrite was totally destroyed, as indicated by a considerable decrease in the saturation magnetization. Interestingly, it is found that the Curie temperature increases with the increment of CNT content while the high saturation magnetization was maintained, which has implication that the multiphase ferrite composites will find application in a broad temperature range. (C) 2014 The Ceramic Society of Japan. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 신소재공학부 > Articles
공과대학 > 기계공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)