Identification of Exonic Nucleotide Variants of the Thyroid Hormone Responsive Protein Gene Associated with Carcass Traits and Fatty Acid Composition in Korean Cattle
- Identification of Exonic Nucleotide Variants of the Thyroid Hormone Responsive Protein Gene Associated with Carcass Traits and Fatty Acid Composition in Korean Cattle
- 오동엽[오동엽]; 이윤석[이윤석]; 라부미[라부미]; 이제영; 박영수[박영수]; 이지홍[이지홍]; 하재정[하재정]; 이준규[이준규]; 김병기[김병기]; 여정수
- ADIPOSE-TISSUE; LIPID-SYNTHESIS; BEEF-CATTLE; SPOT 14; STEERS; S14; JAPANESE; DIET; SNPS; THERMOGENESIS
- Issue Date
- ASIAN-AUSTRALASIAN ASSOC ANIMAL PRODUCTION SOC
- ASIAN-AUSTRALASIAN JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCES, v.27, no.10, pp.1373 - 1380
- The thyroid hormone responsive protein (THRSP) gene is a functional gene that can be used to indicate the fatty acid compositions. This study investigates the relationships of exonic single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the THRSP gene and fatty acid composition of muscle fat and marbling score in the 612 Korean cattle. The relationships between fatty acid composition and eight SNPs in the THRSP gene (g.78 G>A, g.173 C>T, g.184 C>T, g.190 C>A, g.194 C>T, g.277 C>G g.283 T>G and g.290 T>G) were investigated, and according to the results, two SNPs (g.78 G>A and g.184 C>T) in exon 1 were associated with fatty acid composition. The GG and CC genotypes of g.78 G>A and g.184 C>T had higher unsaturated fatty acid (UFA) and monounsaturated fatty acid (MUFA) content (p<0.05). In addition, the ht1*ht1 group (Val/Ala haplotype) in a linkage disequilibrium increased MUFAs and marbling scores for carcass traits (p<0.05). As a result, g.78 G>A and g.184 C>T had significantly relationships with UFAs and MUFAs. Two SNPs in the THRSP gene affected fatty acid composition, suggesting that GG and CC genotypes and the ht1*ht1 group (Val/Ala haplotype) can be markers to genetically improve the quality and flavor of beef.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 통계학과 > Articles
생명공학부 > 생명공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)