다양한 사무실 실내환경에서의 휘발성유기화합물의농도분포 특성
- 다양한 사무실 실내환경에서의 휘발성유기화합물의농도분포 특성
- Other Titles
- Distributional Characteristics of Volatile Organic Compounds in the Indoor Air of Various Office Environments
- 백성옥; 전찬곤
- VOC; IAQ; Smoking; Office; GC/MS
- Issue Date
- 한국대기환경학회지, v.30, no.5, pp.477 - 491
- This study was carried out to evaluate the concentration variations of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in theoffice environments located in a large urban area with respect to seasonality, smoking status, types of ventilationand heating. Indoor air sampling was undertaken in 37 and 30 offices in Daegu city during summer and winter,respectively. The VOC samples were collected using adsorbent tubes, and were determined by thermal desorptioncoupled with GC/MS analysis. The analytical method was validated for repeatability, method detection limits(MDL), and duplication precision. A total of 34 VOCs of environmental concern were determined, including 15aromatics and 19 halogenated hydrocarbons. Average concentrations of BTEX appeared to 1.91 ppb, 22.98 ppb,3.44 ppb, and 3.70 ppb, respectively. These values were relatively higher levels than those measured at homes andoutdoor roadsides reported by other researches. In general, the concentrations of VOCs were higher in winter thansummer, in smoking offices than non-smoking offices, in forced ventilation type than natural ventilation type, andin combustion heating than non-combustion heating offices. However, such differences were not always significantat a level of 0.05 by statistical tests (t-test and/or Mann-Whitney test) with some exceptions for BTEX and styrene.
This study demonstrated that smoking status, ventilation type and presence of combustion sources indoors could beimportant factors on the elevated concentrations of some VOCs in the office environment.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 환경공학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)