Effects of Pd-Rh Composition and CeZrO2-Modification of Al2O3 on Performance of Metal-Foam-Coated Pd-Rh/Al2O3 Catalyst for Steam Reforming of Model Biogas
- Effects of Pd-Rh Composition and CeZrO2-Modification of Al2O3 on Performance of Metal-Foam-Coated Pd-Rh/Al2O3 Catalyst for Steam Reforming of Model Biogas
- PARTHO ROY[PARTHO ROY]; 강미숙; 김기석
- PARTIAL OXIDATION; STRUCTURAL-PROPERTIES; HYDROGEN-PRODUCTION; SOLID-SOLUTIONS; CARBON-DIOXIDE; METHANE; STABILITY; BEHAVIOR; CONVERSION; SYSTEM
- Issue Date
- CATALYSIS LETTERS, v.144, no.12, pp.2021 - 2032
- Catalysts prepared by coating 1.31 wt% (Pd-Rh)/alumina composites on metal foam substrate were tested for steam reforming of model biogas (SRB) at 1 atm pressure to study the effects of Pd-Rh composition and CeZrO2-modification of Al2O3. Among the catalysts supported on unmodified alumina, [Pd(7)-Rh(1)] catalyst performed slightly better with respect to CH4 conversion as well as H-2 and CO yields, whereas [Pd(3)-Rh(1)] catalyst performed slightly better for suppression of coke formation. Modification of Al2O3 with 49 wt% CeZrO2 improved catalytic activity and metal dispersion of [Pd(7)-Rh(1)] catalyst, despite 25 % loss of BET surface area. For the biogas-reforming reaction at 998 K and GHSV 1,400 h(-1) with steam/methane (S/C) ratio of 1.50 in the feed, [Pd(7)-Rh(1)]/(CeZrO2 center dot Al2O3) exhibited 92 % CH4 conversion in a microchannel-structured heat exchanger platform reactor, 20 % more than the conversion obtained over [Pd(7)-Rh(1)]/Al2O3. H-2 and CO yields were also enhanced by CeZrO2-modification of Al2O3, however, these enhancements were accompanied by H-2/CO selectivity decrease and CO/(CO + CO2) selectivity increase. Variation of Pd-Rh composition and CeZrO2-modification of Al2O3 did not affect catalytic stability in the feed with S/C = 1.50 for 200 h at 1,023 K and GHSV 20,000 h(-1) in a tubular packed-bed reactor, while CeZrO2-modification of Al2O3 improved resistance to deterioration of surface area, pore structure and metal dispersion.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)