호흡기 상피세포에서 Roflumilast에 의한 MUC5AC와 MUC5B 발현 억제
- 호흡기 상피세포에서 Roflumilast에 의한 MUC5AC와 MUC5B 발현 억제
- Other Titles
- Roflumilast Attenuates MUC5AC and MUC5B Expression in Airway Epithelial Cells
- 김용대; 김준곤; 최윤석; 박창휘; 이영하; 김귀옥[김귀옥]; 송시연; 배창훈
- Airway epithelial cells; Anti-inflammatory property; MUC5AC; MUC5B; Roflumilast.
- Issue Date
- 대한이비인후과학회지 두경부외과학, v.57, no.12, pp.830 - 835
- Background and Objectives Roflumilast, a selective inhibitor of phosphodiesterase type 4, has an anti-inflammatory property. It has been used in the treatment of chronic inflammatory airway diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. However, the effect of roflumilast on mucus secretion in inflammatory airway epithelial cells has not been reported. Therefore, this study was aimed at investigating the effects of roflumilast on the inflammatory mediator-induced MUC5AC and MUC5B expression in human airway epithelial cells.
Materials and Method In human mucin-producing NCI-H292 airway epithelial cells and primary cultures of nasal epithelial cells, the effects of roflumilast on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)- and phorbl-12-myrsitate-13-acetate (PMA)-induced MUC5AC and MUC5B expression were analyzed by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.
Results Roflumilast attenuated LPS-induced MUC5AC and MUC5B mRNA and glycoprotein expression in NCI-H292 cells. And roflumilast attenuated PMA-induced MUC5AC and MUC5B mRNA and glycoprotein expression in NCI-H292 cells. In addition, roflumilast attenuated LPS and PMA-induced MUC5AC and MUC5B mRNA expression in the primary cultures of nasal epithelial cells.
Conclusion These results suggest that roflumilast attenuates MUC5AC and MUC5B expressions in airway epithelial cells. Roflumilast may be a potentially ideal therapeutic agent for the control of mucus-hypersecretion in treating chronic inflammatory airway diseases.
Korean J Otorhinolaryngol-Head Neck Surg 2014;57(12):830-5
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 이비인후과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)