악성 연부조직 종양에 대한 무계획적 절제술 후재절제의 결과: 계획적 절제 대조군과의 비교
- 악성 연부조직 종양에 대한 무계획적 절제술 후재절제의 결과: 계획적 절제 대조군과의 비교
- Other Titles
- Results of Re-Excision Following Unplanned Excision of Soft Tissue Sarcoma: Comparison with the Group of Planned Excision
- 신덕섭; 최치범; 조창우; 박철현
- unplanned excision; soft tissue sarcoma
- Issue Date
- 대한정형외과학회지, v.49, no.6, pp.431 - 438
- Purpose: This study was designed to investigate the clinical and oncological results of the unplanned excision group, and to compare the results with those of the planned excision group.
Materials and Methods: A total of 41 patients who underwent re-excision of sarcoma in Yeungnam University Medical Center, from January 2000 to December 2012, after unplanned excision in local medical centers were reviewed retrospectively. We analyzed the clinical and oncological results according to age, gender, tumor size, depth, and locations. As a control group of planned excision, 81 patients with a similar state, were selected and reviewed among the group of 480 patients who underwent planned excision during the same period. We then compared the results of the two groups.
Results: In the unplanned excision group, only the age factor was statistically significant to survival (p=0.048). In comparison of clinical and oncological results of the unplanned and planned excision groups, recurrence rate was 11.1% in the unplanned group, 10.5% in the planned group and did not show statistical significance (p=0.18). Survival rate was 74% in the unplanned group, 76.6% in the planned group and did not show statistical significance (p=0.06). Necessity of additional surgery for coverage of soft tissue defects was 46% in the unplanned group, 14% in the planned group and showed statistical significance (p=0.00).
Conclusion: No significant difference in survival and local recurrence rate was observed between the groups of re-excision with microscopic remnant tumor after unplanned excision and planned excision. However, unplanned excision might lead to unnecessary additional surgery like skin-graft, skin-flap if it were planned.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 정형외과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)