실내공기질 공정시험법 중 VOCs 측정방법의 문제점고찰 및 개선방안에 관한 연구
- 실내공기질 공정시험법 중 VOCs 측정방법의 문제점고찰 및 개선방안에 관한 연구
- Other Titles
- Critical Evaluation of and Suggestions for the VOCs Measurement Method Established as the Korean Indoor Air Quality Standard Method
- 백성옥; 예진; 정동희
- IAQ; VOCss; BTEX; Thermal desorption; GC/MS; Standard method
- Issue Date
- 한국대기환경학회지, v.30, no.6, pp.586 - 599
- During the last two decades, indoor air quality and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) have been of concern inKorean society due to their nature of potential health impacts. In order to investigate the pollution levels of VOCss inindoor environments, establishment of a solid test method for monitoring the airborne VOCss is essential. In Korea,a method based on adsorbent sampling and GC analysis coupled with thermal desorption was proclaimed as theKorea Standard Method for Indoor Air Quality Test. This study was carried out to examine some inherent problemsof the VOCs measurement method. The VOCs method does not describe in detail preparing the standard samples.
The standard samples may be prepared by impregnation of either liquid standard solutions or a mixture of standardgases. In this study, we investigated the optimal temperature condition for transferring the liquid standards onto astandard adsorbent tube. As a result, keeping the impregnation temperature at 250C will be recommended in regardof the boiling points of multiple target analytes and the thermal stability of the adsorbent. We also demonstratedsome problems associated with handling of a syringe used for transferring the standard solutions onto the adsorbenttubes, and a best way to get rid of the syringe problems was suggested. Finally, a number of field works were conductedto evaluate the performance of adsorbent sampling methods. Comparison of different adsorbent tubes, i.e.
tube packed with single sorbent (Tenax) and double sorbents (Tenax with Carbotrap), revealed that 30 to 40% differencesbetween the two groups, implying that sampling efficiency is depending on the volatility and the strengthof adsorbents. However, duplicate precisions for VOCs sampling with a same type of adsorbent and at same flowrates appeared to be satisfactory to be all within 20%, which is a quality control guideline. Distributed volume precisionswere also found to be within a guideline value, 25%, although the precision was in general inferior to the duplicate precision. The Korea indoor VOCs test method should be more refined and improved in many aspects,particularly procedure and instrumentation for preparing the standard samples and specification of quality controlassessment.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 환경공학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)