의과대학․의학전문대학원생의 학업소진과 선택-최적화-보상 전략
- 의과대학․의학전문대학원생의 학업소진과 선택-최적화-보상 전략
- Other Titles
- Academic burnout and selection-optimization-compensation strategy in medical students
- 이영환; 김성용; 천경희; 박영순
- Academic burnout; Optimization; Compensation; Elective selection; Loss-based selection
- Issue Date
- Korean Journal of Medical Education, v.26, no.4, pp.299 - 308
- Purpose: This study was conducted to examine the relationship between academic demand, academic burnout, and theselection-optimization-compensation (SOC) strategy in medical students.
Methods: A total of 317 students at Yeungnam University, comprising 90 premedical course students, 114 medical course students,and 113 graduate course students, completed a survey that addressed the factors of academic burnout and the selectionoptimization-compensation strategy. We analyzed variances of burnout and SOC strategy use by group, and stepwise multipleregression analysis was conducted.
Results: There were significant differences in emotional exhaustion and cynicism between groups and year in school. In the SOCstrategy, there were no significant differences between groups except for elective selection. The second-year medical and graduatestudents experienced significantly greater exhaustion (p<0.001), and first-year premedical students experienced significantly highercynicism (p<0.001). By multiple regression analysis, subfactors of academic burnout and emotional exhaustion were significantlyaffected by academic demand (p<0.001), and 46% of the variance was explained. Cynicism was significantly affected by electiveselection (p<0.05), and inefficacy was significantly influenced by optimization (p<0.001).
Conclusion: To improve adaptation, prescriptive strategies and preventive support should be implemented with regard to academicburnout in medical school. Longitudinal and qualitative studies on burnout must be conducted.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의료인문학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 의학교육학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)