중등도 중족골간 각을 가지는 중증도 무지외반증의 특징
- 중등도 중족골간 각을 가지는 중증도 무지외반증의 특징
- Other Titles
- Characteristics of Severe Hallux Valgus Deformity with Moderate Intermetatarsal Angle
- 박철현; 이우천[이우천]; 김정래[김정래]; 임승완[임승완]
- Hallux valgus; Intermetatarsal angle; Recurrence
- Issue Date
- 대한족부족관절학회지, v.18, no.4, pp.173 - 177
- Purpose: The purpose of this study is to evaluate the characteristics of hallux valgus with severe hallux valgus angle (HVA) and moderate intermetatarsal angle (IMA) after proximal chevron osteotomy.
Materials and Methods: Between January 2008 and December 2010, 41 patients (48 feet) were treated with proximal chevron osteotomy and distal soft tissue procedure for symptomatic severe hallux valgus deformity (HVA ≥40°). Patients were divided into two groups, group M (IMA <18°) and group S (IMA ≥18°). Mean age of patients was 55.7 years (34∼70 years) in group M and 60.0 years (44∼78 years) in group S. Mean duration of follow-up was 20.4 months (12∼41 months) in group M and 18.5 months (12∼35 months) in group S. Radiographic parameters, including HVA, IMA, sesamoid position, metatarsus adductus angle (MAA), and distal metatarsal articular angle (DMAA), were compared between groups. Clinical results were assessed using American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS) score and visual analogue scale (VAS). Recurrence rate at the last follow-up was compared between group M and group S.
Results: Preoperative HVA and grade of sesamoid position did not differ between the groups. However, immediate postoperative HVA and grade of sesamoid position were significantly larger in group M. Preoperative MAA and DMAA were significantly larger in group M. No significant difference in AOFAS score and VAS was observed between the groups at the last follow-up. Ten of the 27 feet (37.0%) in group M and two of the 21 feet (9.5%) in group S showed hallux valgus recurrence at the last follow-up. Group M showed a significantly higher recurrence rate than group S.
Conclusion: Recurrence rate for severe hallux valgus with moderate IMA is higher than that of severe hallux valgus with severe IMA.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 정형외과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)