정보통신설비투자가 지역 경제 성장 및 수렴에 미치는 영향분석: 16개 광역시․도를 중심으로
- 정보통신설비투자가 지역 경제 성장 및 수렴에 미치는 영향분석: 16개 광역시․도를 중심으로
- Other Titles
- Analysis on Effect of Telecommunication Equipment Investment on the Economic Growth and Convergence Phenomenon : In Case of Korea
- 박추환; 석왕헌[석왕헌]
- Telecommunication CAPEX; regional economic growth; a factor of determination; convergence; penal analysis
- Issue Date
- 생산성논집, v.28, no.4, pp.3 - 31
- This study conducts an analysis that find out the regional economic convergencephenomenon among 16 domestic regions by using absolute and conditional convergencemodel. Especially for the conditional convergence model, telecommunicationCAPEX(Capital expenditure) has divided into various types. The data used in thisresearch is unbalanced, depending on the period of each statistical data from 16 domesticregions, but formed a panel data using statistical data from 1995 to 2012 in general. Inaddition, this research analyzes the absolute and conditional convergence phenomenonthrough random effect model.
To begin with, the conditional convergence model in the research has progressed withthe objective of searching out the effect of physical capital, human capital, andtelecommunication CAPEX on the convergence of regional economic throughBarro(1989)’s empirical model. Besides, in order to understand a various relationshipbetween telecommunication CAPEX and regional economic growth, telecommunication CAPEX consists of two types(wire, wireless) and technologies(3thgeneration, 4th
As a result, this research shows a fact that the absolute and conditional convergencephenomenon of regional economic growth exists among 16 domestic areas. Secondly, incase of telecommunication CAPEX, wireless(1.4%) CAPEX of the convergence rate isfaster than wire(0.2%) CAPEX. Also, the convergence rate applied for periods of 4th
Generation(1%) wireless telecommunications CAPEX is faster than 3thGeneration(0.5%).
Thirdly, in the analysis of determination factor, telecommunication CAPEX, irrespectiveof wire or wireless, has positive impact on regional economic growth by helping a capitalaccumulation in region. However, since wireless CAPEX has a negative relationshipassociated with average rate of regional economic growth, better plannedtelecommunication policy for regional economic growth is needed.
Meanwhile, this research has a limitation that cannot compose a perfecttelecommunication CAPEX stock by using telecommunication and facilities constructiondata. Nevertheless, this research enable us to not only understand the relationship betweentelecommunication CAPEX and regional economic growth, but also provides fundamentaldata for a telecommunication policy.
- Appears in Collections:
- 상경대학 > 경제금융학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)