朝鮮後期 安東 鄕吏 權喜學 家門의 社會․經濟的 基盤과 鳳岡影堂 建立
- 朝鮮後期 安東 鄕吏 權喜學 家門의 社會․經濟的 基盤과 鳳岡影堂 建立
- Other Titles
- The Social and Economic Foundation of Gwon Hui-hak’s Family as Hyangri in Andong and the Establishment of Bong-gang-yeong-dang During the Late Joseon Period
- 權喜學; 奮武功臣; 鳳岡影堂; 鄕吏; 賜牌田畓; Gwon Hui-hak(權喜學); Bunmugongshin(奮武功臣); Bong-gang -yeong-dang(鳳岡影堂); Hyang-ri(鄕吏); Sa-pae-jeon-dap(賜牌田畓)
- Issue Date
- 대구사학, v.106, pp.201 - 240
- Researchers have shown interests continuously in I-jok(吏族) in that it was a representative new social power along with Jung-in(中人) during the late Joseon period, but the study has made little progress in spite of the significance of the theme. One of the reasons is the lack of materials. As Hyangri’s collection of works and old manuscripts were found recently, the case study based on these materials have been conducted. This study as well examines the social, economic foundation of Gwon Hui-hak’s family, and outstanding person representing the Hyanri society in Andong during the late Joseon period and the establishment of Bong-gang-yeong-dang(鳳岡影堂) that supported Gwon Hui’hak in an effort to further this case study. In particular, this family is appropriate for a case study since it possessed old manuscripts that show their social, economic foundation and specific acts in the country districts such as Hogudanja(戶口單子), Bunjaegi(分財記), and Nobian(奴婢案) as well as primary historical materials such as ｢��Bong-gang-yeong-dang’s Foundation Journal(鳳岡影堂創建日記)｣��․｢��Bong-gang-yeong-dang’s Foundation History(鳳岡影堂創建時攷事錄)｣��․｢��Bong-gang-yeong-dang-bong-an-jip-sa-rok(鳳岡影堂奉安執事錄)｣�� and so forth.
Gwon Hui-hak, who was from a famous Ijok(吏族) of Andongbu(安東府), is a representative example of a person who overcame the ordinary origin and succeeded in life. He was selected by Choi Seok-jeong, a Sorongye(少論系) and came to capital to advance into the official circles. Especially, he rendered distinguished services during Mushinran(戊申亂) and was awarded the second grade of Bunmugongshin(奮武功臣). Besides, he was ranked among the class 2 Ga-ui-dae-bu(奮武功臣) and appointed as Hwa-won-gun(花原君).
However, Andong-sajok did not admit Gwon Hui-hak as a member of sajok although they recognized his outstanding achievements as I-jok. He himself was not satisfied as he had little achievement in learning although he succeeded in feats of arms. Thus, Andong-hyanri including Gwon Hui-hak’s family tried to raise their status by honoring Gwon Hui-hak in such ways as founding his shrine just as Sajok had Hyeonjo’s shrine and publishing his book of achievements as the most successful person in the family. The foundation of Bong-gang-yeong-dang reflected Andong I-jok’s effort to overcome the limitation in terms of position in society.
In spite of Hyanri’s growth in the mid-19th century, however, the social circumstances turned unfavorable to them as Yangban(the nobility) strengthened their restraint against them. As a result, Bong-gang-yeong-dang was relocated to an area where many of the descendents were dwelling due to the lack of interests and difficulty in management. The foundation and relocation of Bong-gang-yeong-dang is an example that shows Andong Hyang-ri’s desire for a better social status and frustration.
- Appears in Collections:
- 문과대학 > 역사학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)