주변부 폐암에서 기관지세척액을 이용한 MAGE유전자검사법의 임상적 유용성
- 주변부 폐암에서 기관지세척액을 이용한 MAGE유전자검사법의 임상적 유용성
- Other Titles
- MAGE Gene Expression in Bronchial Washing Fluid in Suspected Parenchymal Lung Cancer
- 신경철; 김규진[김규진]; 최은영[최은영]
- Lung Neoplasms; Early Detection of Cancer; Melanoma-Specific Antigens; Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Issue Date
- Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, v.72, no.2, pp.156 - 162
- Background: The main goal of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic efficacy of reverse transcription-nested polymerase chain reaction (RT-nested PCR) in bronchial washing fluid with MAGE A1-6 common primers for the detection of lung cancers invisible by bronchoscopy.
Methods: To determine the expression of MAGE A1-6 gene in 189 lung cancers diagnosed by conventional fluoroscopy-guided lung biopsy and 89 cancer-free controls, RT-nested PCR was performed in bronchial washing specimens. We analyzed MAGE A1-6 RT-nested PCR data according to tumor histology, stage, size, and compared them with cytological data.
Results: 189 patients (111 cases in adenocarcinoma, 47 cases in squamous cell carcinoma, 22 cases in small cell lung carcinoma, and 9 cases in other cancers) and 89 benign patients were investigated. The expression of MAGE was performed by nested RT-PCR using common MAGE primer. Among 189 cancer patients, the expression rate of MAGE was 49.2%, and the positive predictive value was 89.4%. However, the expression rate of MAGE in patients with benign lesions was 12.4%. In peripheral lung cancer, the positive rate of MAGE expression was 57.4% in squamous cell carcinoma, 44.1% in adenocarcinoma and 59.1% in small cell lung cancer. Whereas the expression rate of bronchial washing cytology in peripheral lung cancer was 9.0% (p=0.011).
Conclusion: MAGE RT-PCR in bronchial washing fluid gave us promising data for the detection of peripheral lung cancer. It could be a useful method for selecting diagnostic tools for peripheral lesions.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 내과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)