Expansion Orbitotomy: Another Approach to the Orbital Floor
- Expansion Orbitotomy: Another Approach to the Orbital Floor
- 김용하; 김성은; 김태곤; 이준호
- Issue Date
- LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS
- JOURNAL OF CRANIOFACIAL SURGERY, v.24, no.4, pp.1397 - 1398
- Surgeons encounter obstacles on the orbital floor reconstruction because of its narrow operative field. In particular, such procedure tends to be more difficult when the orbital contents are stuck between bone defects and are not easily restored. Tugging the soft tissue using forceps or mosquitoes could injure the soft tissues. Tessier infraorbital marginotomy could be helpful to solve such problem. However, his method is too invasive and cannot be easily applied. In this study, we describe a modification of Tessier inferior orbitotomy. Our method is to expand the fractured hole through osteotomy of fractured margin. Advantages of this technique are simpler and less invasive when the orbital contents are stuck between bone fragments.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 성형외과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)