Effect of Temperature and Reaction Time on the Synthesis of Butadiene Monoepoxide Using Iron Complex as an Efficient Catalyst
- Effect of Temperature and Reaction Time on the Synthesis of Butadiene Monoepoxide Using Iron Complex as an Efficient Catalyst
- 심재진; Tongqiang Zong[Tongqiang Zong]; Dian Kharismadewi[Dian Kharismadewi]; 나춘섭
- 1; 3-Butadiene; Iron complex catalyst; Peracetic acid; Butadiene monoepoxide; Epoxidation; 1; 3-부타다이엔; 철복합체촉매; 과산화초산; 부타다이엔모노에폭사이드; 에폭시화반응
- Issue Date
- 청정기술, v.18, no.1, pp.51 - 56
- Here, we report an efficient iron complex [((phen)2(H2O)FeIII)2(μ-O)](ClO4)4, that can rapidly epoxidize 1,3-butadiene at -10 ℃ with low catalyst loadings by using commercially available peracetic acid as an oxidant. The main aspect of our study is to investigate the effect of temperature (from -10 to -40 ℃) and time on the epoxidation reaction. The epoxidation reaction was fast and almost completed within 5 min at temperatures above -20 ℃, whereas it became slow at temperatures below -20 ℃. The yield of butadiene monoepoxide (BMO)increased with increasing the reaction time. Generally, when the more butadiene was used, the higher yield was obtained. The highest yield of BMO was 90%.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)